Friday, June 4, 2010

Promoting Your Articles or Blog

If you are just getting into the world of writing, you may be wondering how to promote your articles so that you get more hits. More hits typically equal more adsense revenue! I’m going to tell you a few ways that I am using to promote my articles on hubpages and suite101. You can use these for any kind of article, blog or website that you are promoting.

Twitter is a great place to promote your articles, especially if you have a decent amount of followers. Make your tweet interesting and attention grabbing so that your followers will want to have a look-see.

Facebook and myspace and other social networking sites are also great places to promote your articles. Your friends may be interested in just seeing what you are writing about, while others may honestly be interested in your article title. Either way, it’s a win/win situation and more hits for you!

Digg and Stumbleupon are also good tools for promoting your articles. It’s so simple to submit your article. Your article then goes into a database where other members can find it, or see the article title when they log into their account. I get quite a few hits from stumbleupon.

Shetoldme.com is fairly new, but it’s another great database to add your website or article to. It is new, but seems to be growing and growing.

Flixya.com is another website I currently use. It is sort of like a social networking site, however, you can upload your own photos and videos and receive adsense revenue straight to your adsense account. You can also use it to promote your articles by posting blogs every so often. I do it by writing a little bit on the subject and then adding a link to the website. Just be careful not to blog a bunch of posts all going to the same website as I’ve heard they will shut down your account for spamming. Here is my flixya page:

Finally, one of the best ways to get views to your articles is to submit them to major search engines like google and yahoo. Simply go to the search bar and type in: “submit to google” and you should find a link for submitting your website. All you do is paste in the link and it’s done! It may take a few weeks for your website to be recognized but patience is a virtue. I’ve gotten quite a few hits from the major search engines. Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to pay to submit your website or articles to search engines, you can do it yourself in just a few minutes.

Feel free to friend me on any of these websites. Send me a message to let me know that you came from my blog and maybe we can trade stumbles or diggs or likes.. Or whatever.

14 comments:

Dalia (Generation X Mom) said...

Thanks for the info! I have never heard of some of these.

Aimee | Irresistible Icing said...

Great tips! Stopping by from LBS!

WNY Kitchen and Bath said...

Hey there! Stopping by from LBS. This is a very helpful post. I am glad I came across it. I like the last tip on submitting to google.

I don't work from home yet but I am trying. My blog is about helping moms buy and sell online, specifically ebay!

Jennifer said...

Hi,
Just found your blog from MBC! Wanted to welcome you. Great information here. I'll have to try Stumbledupon!
Jen
http://ahappycircus.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Very handy tips, especially about submitting directly to google! Thank you!
@tsue1136
http://tsue-thatswhatshesaid.blogspot.com

Diah Utami said...

Nice blog, nice tips. Thanks for sharing.

Kristina Ruth said...

I saw your comment on my blog: http://themacktomycheese.blogspot.com/2010/06/weight-loss-challenge-father-vs.html.

Thanks, for stopping by. I'm now a follower of your blog.

Writing Without Periods! said...

Thanks for your article. Great tips.
Mary

Xenia said...

Great tips!

Thanks for joining in Friendly Friday and have a great weekend!

FindOverstock.com said...

following you from friday follow.

Maria

www.findoverstock.com
Find great products to sell on eBay

Alexandra said...

If you can show me any way to even make coffee money from the mega hours I put into this, I'm yours.

I tell ya, if I got paid even min. wage for blogging, I'd still be a rich woman.

Unknown said...

Empress, there are ways to make money, it just takes time and patience! Check out one of my articles for some ideas

http://hubpages.com/hub/Making-Money-With-A-Blog-The-Possibilities-Are-Endless

Deana said...

Hey! I found you from MBC! You have a great blog and I am following you now to keep up with the latest and greatest:)

www.momstheglue.blogspot.com

Kelly Polizzi said...

hi, new follower here. glad to find your blog.