Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Is Twitter Worth Your Time?

I've read a lot of conflicting opinions on the use of Twitter to promote a blog or website. Many people believe that posting links on twitter is just a waste of time. While it's true that a lot of people use twitter to spam tweets, I want to share with you the statistics from my personal twitter account. I use a website called socialoomph which allows you to schedule tweets to be sent out to your twitter account throughout the day. I use it to promote my blog posts and the articles that I write. I also tweet about other interesting articles that I find. I don't spam other tweeters by sending out mass amounts of tweets every day, I just do advertising every few days while throwing in some personal tweets as well or some quotes that I like. Socialoomph allows me to track my links and see how many people clicked on the links that I tweeted. Here are a few of the stats:

Hub Pages Article: Promoting Your Business With Social Networking Websites: 31 hits
This Blog: 45 hits
Hub Pages: Training Your Pit Bull: 24 hits
Hub Pages: What To Expect When Getting A Tattoo: 27 hits
Cedar Point Amusement Park Article: 24 hits
The Benefits of Legalizing Marijuana: 24 hits

These are only a few links that I have posted on Twitter. They may not look like a lot at first glance, but add them up and they can add quite a bit to your readership with time.

It is really up to you whether or not you want to try your luck with Twitter. I will continue to use it because I believe it has given me a lot of quality hits. When people click on a twitter link, they are doing it because they want to and they are genuinely interested in what you have to offer.

Anyone else had any luck with Twitter?

My Twitter Account

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have had a good amount of luck with twitter. By being involved in social networking sites has driven lots of people to my blog and has given me many opportunities as a blogger. Twitter parties are great.