Sunday, March 2, 2008

Advertising on your blog for money??

I did touch briefly on making money with your blog in my previous post but now I want to mention how you can make money by putting advertisements on your blog.

Most people have heard of google's adsense. Basically, you let google place ads on your page and then you get paid a few pennies every time someone clicks on one of those ads. I had (past tense) an adsense account for awhile. I tried it first through another paid blogging site I used and then had adsense on here for almost a year. I had heard from others online that adsense is very picky and sneaky. I have heard that when it is close to pay out (oh yeah and a whopping $100 minimum for payout!) they will send you an email telling you that you had some sort of fraud and will cancel your account.

In all the time that I had adsense (over a year) I made a big $12.00! Then all of the sudden my account was closed for fraudulent clicking! I'm thinking that it may have been because I'm a member of a few blog traffic exchange sites? I did contact them to inquire about it but got no response! There are some people that make decent money with adsense but for small bloggers like me it seems like it's just a waste of space!!

After my adsense account got closed I began to search for other websites like it. I came across adbrite. It is kind of like adsense. See the big long advertisement on the left side of this page?? That's an adbrite ad! Now, also notice how some of the words throughout my post are highlighted and underlined? When you put your mouse over it you will see a small advertisement link pop up...that's adbrite!! Every time someone clicks on one of the ads, you get paid for it! You also have a way to make extra money through getting referrals! It's very easy to do. All you have to do is place the code(s) on your site and they do the rest! The best part is that YOU get to decide what your minimum payout is! You can make it as low as $5.00 instead of $100!! Try it and let me know what you think!!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

A chunk, significant chunk, of the ads on adbrite, though, harbor unsafe stuff, like spyware/greyware/malware, etc. On my tower, I constantly got pop-ups from my anti-virus/internet security program about them. It was always about adbrite.

Unknown said...

Hmm thats odd. i have anti-spyware and anti-virus programs on my computer and have never had any problems!! if adbrite was full of spyware i dont think they would last very long???

Unknown said...

I think it depends on the ads. It was only certain blogs that had the problem (I haven't visited in awhile, and Norton doesn't do the pop-ups like PC-cillin, so I can't really test on the laptop).

Sadly, the ones with bugs in the ads do last, since so many of the "free" hosts use those ads.

Unknown said...

Well if i start having ANY problems I will be sure to let everyone know and remove it from here!! Thanks for the heads up!

Unknown said...

Just want to reiterate that I still have had NO problems with adsense at all!! Nothing but a good experience!!