Thursday, January 19, 2012

Microworkers and Alertpay Update

I mentioned in an earlier post about joining Microworkers. I hadn't been paid yet though at the time, so I wanted to give a little update. First of all, there is a paypal logo on the Microworkers website, so when I signed up, I just assumed I would get paid through paypal. Wrong. For some reason, they stopped doing payments via paypal, so you have to use either moneybrokers or alertpay. I didn't have an account with either one, but had heard of alertpay, so I decided to sign up with them. I was a little concerned when I signed up and it said that they couldn't do bank transfers at the moment nor could they transfer the funds to a credit card, so the only options were to have a check sent to you, or a bank wire (at a fee of $15). They advertise having a prepaid debit card like paypal, but they are only accept pre-registrations, so you don't know when you may be able to get a debit card.

So I signed up for alert pay, and of course I had to send them a bunch of stuff like proof of address, and I.D...etc.. Once I was approved, I withdrew the money from Microworkers immediately. The first time you withdraw money from Microworkers, they have to send you a letter in the mail with a confirmation code on it, to use as your proof of address. So once I withdrew from Microworkers, it took a few WEEKS to get the code in the mail. Once I submitted the code, the money was deposited quickly into my alertpay account. I requested a check to withdraw the funds, and it took 12 days to get it, even though when I requested the withdraw, they said it would be sent out within 1-2 days, and it was from the US, so it should not have taken that long to get here.

So, I finally DID get paid from Microworkers, after waiting and waiting. I have more money built up in my account, but who wants to wait 2 weeks just to get a check? I am not liking alertpay, but I did just notice that it looks like they have the bank transfers turned back on. I wish I could just get a debit card like with paypal and get the money immediately.

Ah well, it's still money, no matter what! Anyone else have any experiences working for Microworkers or using Alertpay?


No comments: