Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Holiday is over and time to vent!

Ok, so I slacked off on the posting every day thing. I just kinda lost the mood for a few days. I'm glad the holiday is over. We had Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year. Wow that was a lot of work and I don't know if I will be doing that again! We did have lots of leftovers though.. mmmmm. I love leftover dressing. Very bad, though!

Got some shopping done. How many of you went out to face the psychotic shoppers at midnight or 4 am this year? I have done it for the past 4- 5 years, but not this year. Last year, my husband and I went out at midnight fighting the masses of annoying and rude people. Later that day, I went shopping with my mom at the same stores and they still had most of the same stuff; they just re-stocked everything. We decided to sleep in this year and head out later in the morning. We got almost everything we were looking for except I couldn't find pajamas for either of my boys. All of the bigger sizes were taken, but I did manage to find some in the girls' for my daughter. Got my sons some wrestling shoes for cheap. This will be their first year in Biddy Wrestling and they are so excited! We found everything else that we needed without dealing with rabid shoppers. Last year, I was just so annoyed and was surprised I got out of there without knocking someone out!


I also spent last week doing a lot of research on more freelance websites. I've found quite a few good ones and will be posting more about them soon once I get some time to see exactly how they all work. Here's my vent though: I was hired a couple of months ago for this freelance job. I won't go into too many details about it, but I did a little bit of work for them at first just fine. The official "launch" date for their website was supposed to be October 1. I didn't hear anything from them for awhile and was told that they had to fix some things on their website and that the new launch date would be Nov. 1 and then I would have lots of work! I've still been waiting, waiting, and waiting, with no work. So then guess what?? On Thursday, I get an email with work for me to get done. This company is out of the UK, so I explained to them that it was a holiday and that I was going to be very busy but would get to it ASAP. I got an email back on Friday saying that I had to get it done THAT day or it would be given to someone else. I was gone most of that day, and when I got home I was so tired that I didn't even open my laptop. I got an email from my "boss" yesterday saying he needed an answer ASAP. I'm feeling a little bitter now that I had NO work for a month and a half, even though I was told "any day now".. since the end of last month, then I get an email on Thanksgiving Day and was expected to drop everything to get it done... and now I lost out on that money. Would anyone else be a little salty about that??? or am I wrong??? 

Ok, there's my vent. I do hope everyone else enjoyed their Turkey day and had many things to be thankful for. I know many people posted about what they are thankful for .. but I really wasn't in the mood to do the same thing. Now.. onto Christmas.....

No comments: