Friday, November 11, 2011

NaBloPoMo: My Passion

What is your secret (or not so secret) passion?

Anyone who knows me, knows about my passion, so it is definitely not a secret. My biggest passion is animals. I have loved animals ever since I can remember. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a Veterinarian.. until I realized that vets also put animals to sleep. When I went back to school a couple of years ago, I originally wanted to be a vet. tech., but was worried about how I would handle that job emotionally. I cry really easily when it comes to animals being hurt. Animals are such wonderful creatures. They love unconditionally. Most of them are not born mean and they just want to be loved. Even though I ended up going to school for Medical Assisting, I still plan to do something for animals. I have plans. Once I get a job and my husband gets back to work, I want to fence in our back yard. We have a big back yard. Then I want to begin fostering dogs, especially ones that need extra socialization. I really love Pit Bulls. We have one and he is absolutely the best dog I have ever had. He is so intelligent and all he wants to do is make us happy and be next to us. I would love to, one day, take in homeless pit bulls, train and socialize them properly, and adopt them out (to a safe family). So those are my plans for the future. I have written quite a few articles on Animal Abuse, Behavior, Training, and Pit Bulls. I recently became an Animal Advocacy writer on Examiner.com (more on that coming soon, hopefully tomorrow).



My other passion is music. Not your typical country music or crap you hear on the radio. No, I don't like mainstream stuff. I like rock and metal music. I used to travel all over the country to go to festivals and concerts. I've been to close to 100 concerts, met lots of bands. Even though it is aggressive music, it relaxes me and puts me in a good mood. I'd go crazy without my music! I used to run my own underground metal music magazine when I was younger and I got to interview a lot of bands. Wow, I had fun when I was younger.

Yes, that's my fur baby up there!

No comments: