Tuesday, November 22, 2011

NaBloPoMo: Lucky

What is the luckiest thing that has ever happened to you?

Even though I often feel down on my luck, I can't say that I have never been lucky or that nothing good has ever happened to me. I've had a lot of good things happen to me, it just seems like the bad outweigh the good most of the time. I could say that I'm lucky that I have such a wonderful mom. She is the only person that has always been there for me, no matter what. I can't say that about anyone else in my life. I can say that I was lucky to meet my husband (even though I may not feel like that all the time). He loves me despite all of my flaws and has given me strength and courage that I never had before. I could also say that I'm lucky to have my beautiful children, my pets, my house... there are many people who are a lot less fortunate than I am.

What else? I can say that I am lucky enough to have graduated college, even though I did it about 13 years late. Through all of the bad luck I've had lately, I need to get lucky in finding a job. Right now, I'm so desperate that I will take any kind of job. I've been really down on my luck, even with working online. I was making decent money with Demand Studios, but they changed how they run things. Now, only certain writers get first dibs on new assignments, so every time I log in, the que is completely empty. There used to be thousands of assignments to choose from, now there are none. I have little money making things that I do here and there, but have found nothing that even compares to a part time job, let alone a full time job. I'm still searching though. One way or another, I need to make some money either online or offline. What about YOU? What lucky things have happened to you? 

No comments: